Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Not Sugar Coated But Still Sweet

 

     Well, here we are! Welcome to my blog! If you didn't get here by way of my YouTube and have no idea who I am... My name is Liz but I've gone by Sugar online since I was 12 years old. I'm 27, getting married to my childhood best friend, Matthew, in 5 days, and work in conservation and recreation in a semi-rustic campground. I'm also mildly obsessed with my two cats, Garth and Storm. I've been a Youtuber for 10 years, and for the most part...I love every second of it (but we'll get to that)! If you're not familiar with my channel, I was originally a beauty guru (LOL!) who made one little e-cig video that blew up. After that I was pigeon-holed as an e-cigarette reviewer. I totally loved my job...at first. But I was on a mission to quit smoking, not just continue a new, similar habit. After quitting the vape life, I turned attention to my first love; art. Now I deal in journals, planners, and crafts in general. I also hope to expand my channel to life vlogs in the future as well-- Feel free to check out my channel here if you haven't done so already!
     Now that you've gotten to know me a little better, let's down to the nitty gritty-- click below for all the information on the new blog!



     Let's get you guys all caught up real quick on what's going down, and what prompted me to start a blog. First off, I've always wanted a blog. In fact, I've always had a blog in one form or another for the past 13 years. And I have tried to blog for my YouTube before, I did well for a hot second with my Sugar Vapor blog, but ultimately that ended with the vaping. I have been recently thinking about starting a blog so that I can post close up photos of the work that I do, especially those pieces featured in videos. And, to be honest, I really just wanted a platform to really talk with you guys. I've always been a person who is much better with the written word than with the spoken one. Basically, I'd love to give you guys extra bits into my life, my experiences, stories, photos, extra information to go along with YouTube videos, and just share inspiration I want to share with you all.
     So, what gave me the final push? Well, if you haven't seen this video, I suggest you watch it now;

     In short, my partner company, Maker Max Studios, is a pile of....well let's just say they're not good people. And they're making life a little stupider than it has to be. Now, I do realize this is a total 1st world problem, and that I'm literally whining over $30. But that was my $30, dang it. They've also made me very on edge with what I'm going to do with my channel, and all this has probably got a lot of people confused. So, that's where the blog comes in. I figure that here, I can give you guys updates, more information than I could remember in videos (I really should learn to make notes first!), and if for whatever reason all my videos disappear one day; you'll have a place to get some answers. O.K., That last scenario will probably never happen without a warning...but this is the Internet, and anything could happen.

     With all that being said, I had originally planned a different video for yesterday and today. So I'm a tad behind schedule in what I wanted posted, but now ahead of schedule in recording...that's a first! Hey...I said I'd get out 3-7 videos a week, and I plan on keeping that promise (at least until May!). There are no Maker updates in this video, as it was recorded before I found out how hard I got slammed; but there will be a Maker update along with ways you can support me and my channel PLUS several pages in our Junk Journal tomorrow!


Thank you guys again SO SO SO incredibly much for all of your continued support. It honestly means the world to me to know there are so many people standing behind me. It's probably obvious I have a limited amount of people in my life, so you guys really do brighten my life in so many ways. Thank you all for your viewership, but most of all for your friendships. 

Until the next,
xoxo Liz

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com